Heartsaver Pediatric Classes
The course is designed to meet regulatory requirements while teaching how to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
Infant Chain of Survival
More children and infants survive cardiac arrest when a certain sequence of events happens as quickly as possible. This series of steps is called the Pediatric Chain of Survival. The Chain of Survival is a series of links in a chain to describe actions to save a child or infant victim of cardiac arrest.
- Injury prevention and safety
- Early CPR with an emphasis on chest compressions
- Early access to emergency care. In most communities, phone 911 accesses the EMS system.
- Early pediatric advanced life support.
- Comprehensive post-arrest care. This is a new addition chain as compared to the four-chain concept in 2005 guidelines.
Established in 2007, Rainbow Nannies provides thoroughly screened RIE nannies, newborn specialists, baby sitters and housekeepers. They assist in the screening process, provide support, and offer consultation post-placement to ensure the best nanny-to-family fit. Click here for more.