Unfortunately, the warm weather of an Outer Banks summer also brings along health and safety risks. Whether it’s a minor discomfort or something that requires a trip to the ER, being as prepared as possible is the best way to handle an emergency situation.
So, take some time to dust off your old first aid kit and update it with things you’ll need specifically for summer injuries that may occur. Keep one at home and then make sure you bring it along on your Outer Banks vacation.
Here’s everything you’ll need for a summer safety kit:
- A waterproof case (moisture can damage many of your supplies)
- Sanitizing wipes to clean your hands before attending to the person in need
- Latex gloves to prevent the spread of infection
- Antiseptic towelettes to clean out scrapes and cuts
- Neosporin or other cream to prevent infection